Virtual Exhibition for Ackron Wind Farm is Live
An online virtual exhibition opens today to present the final proposals for Ackron Wind Farm, near Melvich. The exhibition will run from 20 October to 10 November 2020 and can be accessed via a link on the website home page, or by clicking here.
We first exhibited plans for a 14 turbine wind farm in Melvich in June 2019. Site studies and feedback received led us to improve on this and we now present a 12 turbine project with changes that reduce the visual impact of the scheme, particularly from the coast, and the North Coast 500 route.
The exhibition will include videos, interactive visuals to compare the new proposal with what was originally presented, and the chance to speak directly with the project team.
Residents have been informed of the event in a number of ways:
- Advertisements in the Northern Times and the John O’Groat Journal
- Facebook ads to those living in the area
- Invitation posted to over 600 households and businesses. This includes a freepost envelope and freephone number as an alternative to going online.
Residents can ask questions on the site at any time, and can also join an Online Chat with the Development Team during the following times:
- 4 November, 11am to 1pm & 5pm to 7pm.
- 10 November, 11am to 1pm & 5pm to 7pm.
We are working closely with Melvich Community Council on aspects of the project, and have recently met with members to provide an update and discuss options to minimise the impact of construction traffic.