Virtual Exhibition Launched for West Andershaw Wind Farm
Today, Monday 9 August 2021, marks the start of the West Andershaw Wind Farm Online Exhibition.
The online exhibition will run until the 27 August 2021 and includes:
• an information brochure with details on the proposals (similar to information boards at a traditional village hall exhibition) and some predicted viewpoint illustrations
• video presentation from the project team
• frequently Asked Questions
• an opportunity to join live Q&A online chat sessions with the project team.
Over 1,400 residents and local businesses have been sent an invitation to the online exhibition. The invite includes a feedback form, which can be returned to us freepost, making sure as many local residents have an opportunity to send us their comments and views on the proposal. The event has also been published in the Carluke and Lanark Gazette.
The live Q&A sessions will take place on the following dates:
• Tuesday 17 August, 12 noon - 2pm & 5pm - 7pm
• Friday 27 August, 12 noon - 2pm
Iain Robertson, Project Manager, said:
“The proposal to the west of the existing Andershaw Wind Farm is for up to 11 turbines with a maximum blade tip height of up to 250m. The project is in the early stages of development and we are keen to hear the views of local resident as we continue to shape our plans and as the project progresses.
“The West Andershaw project, in addition to a community benefit fund, has the opportunity for shared ownership and we look forward to exploring this with local residents, should this be of interest. We would also encourage local businesses to register as a supplier on our website too.”
The exhibition website can be accessed via a link of the website homepage, or by clicking here.
We plan to hold a second exhibition later in the year, 2021, and hope this can be in person, should covid-19 restrictions allow.